Local server support

ok, with todays eufy server outage i think we need to look at how we can limit the loss of functionality with this system during future outages. i would like to have local server support when eufy server support goes down. i would like eufy to develop pc and ios based local server support.

21 Likes

I agree this is such inconvenience

4 Likes

Agree 100 %

4 Likes

1000% With the issues from todayā€™s server outage we need a solution

4 Likes

I agree 100,000%. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I also agree, Eufy needs to understand this could be a Lawsuit waiting to happen!

4 Likes

Is this a total outage or just the login application server. I have heard folks say they are still getting notifications and such. Something they should look into is enabeling the RSTP server functionality on all of there cameras. I was watching a rstp feed earlier on my motion eye server that was connected to a new 2k indoor camera.

1 Like

Itā€™s apparent they donā€™t care about the customers but only the money. I will start to look into selling my system. I posted several problems in the past and never got a meaningful answer. And a matter a fact they donā€™t even respond to posts on the forum.

1 Like

Same here have the same problem cannot change camera modes or access recordings but can watch live feed so hopeless if I go out I canā€™t activate my cameras. This needs to be changed so your not relying on their UNRELIABLE servers. This is not the first time Iā€™ve had problems like this from them. Am seriously thinking about getting a refund for my four camera kit it cost enough but useless when this happens

Super expensive set for this to happen very sad.

I got my 4 2c camera kit todayā€¦ and I only got 2 of them setup ā€¦ thought I was doing something wrong when started googling and found that its still using off site serversā€¦ this is not what I wantedā€¦ Eufy you need to fix this Fn mess Immediately we should not have to be held hostage to your servers.

i sent eufy support an email today requesting local server support. i let them know that it would be in their best interest to develop pc and ios server support to avoid an inevitable class action lawsuit. if you also would like to have the ability to host your own security system when the eufy system goes down. i ask that you click on the help icon in the app and through feedback let them know that this is a necessary feature and not just a wishlist feature.

2 Likes

Local access is an absolute necessity as the Internet in general is the idea of a decentralised network. Companies like Synology are continuously proving those wrong propagating that everything else would be a security risk. On my network Iā€™m using an IP doorbell from a (professional surveillance) company even offering nothing else but direct local access.

The most probable reason Eufy Security are not integrating this is certainly related to the lack of simplicity in this kind of approach as it could provoke some sort of a support nightmare. It should nevertheless be an unsupported (!) option for those who want to have it.

1 Like

Threads on this topic were already opened multiple times and Eufy has never commented on them. Eufy has their own agenda and they never listen to their customers. I bought this system specifically for local storage so I donā€™t have to be reliant on cloud. But the lack of local access makes it pretty much moot. I agree that it would be easy to implement this feature and it could be an ā€œadvanced optionā€ for people who know how to set up static IPs etc. But if Eufy remains deaf on this issue, I will be switching to a truly local system.

P.S. Support tickets to Eufy are unlikely to be effective. I would suggest instead you blast them on social media, Amazon reviews, etc

1 Like

You are right support tickets are not effective. They encourage emails and support tickets so no one would no about problems and Eufy not fixing them. If you complain on social media.reviews,etc. The world will know what is going on and force them to fix problems are be bankrupted. If I would have saw bad reviews I wouldnā€™t have purchased.

2 Likes

Can you clarify something for me. I just got the new Indoor 2k Camera, and have a Pan & Tilt one on the way. They support RTSP for external NVR type functions. I have the 2k indoor camera attached to a Motion Eye instsalll right now and it has been recording for about 24 hours. Motion Eye is one example of a way to provie that connectivity. I also tested acces using VLC from my tablet using the RTSP Stream and it works fine with audio.

So my question is what cameras support the RTSP/NAS protocol. Do they all, I know the new 2k ones do. If yours do you already have the option to do what you are asking for as far as local server support. Eufy doesnā€™t need to do anything for it except, maybe provide a option for us all to get Blue Iris with it if you want a well supported and feature rich NVR software,

Keep in mind that with enabling this feature comes allot of security risk on your personal part right. I think that is where the problem starts for this. You canā€™t have your camera open on your local network and not have risk for other folks accessing it. Once you open that up the security of th camera is on you and not EUFY.

1 Like

Using an RTSP server would provide local access to your videos, but you wouldnā€™t get any of the other functionality. So if a doorbell rings, or outdoor cam detects motion, or you want 2-way communication via the camera etc etc, you still cannot do that without logging on to Eufy servers. Thatā€™s the problem. All of the actions happen locally and even the videos are stored locally but none of the functionality is accessible without access to the Eufy cloud. RTSP doesnā€™t fix that.

1 Like

That isnā€™t exactly true. I have my Motoin eye server recording 24/7. It can also be set to record based on motion detected from the RTSP stream. It has the option to run processes based on motion detection as well one of which is a notification routine. The only thing I can say for sure you would loose is the 2 way communication as that is a bit more interactive. But as far as seeing anything that the camera has seen or recorded that does work.

Also with RTSP you can view the stream with VLC without any internet access. I donā€™t disagree 2 way audio would be a problem, but once you hoook it up to a rstp server a ton of options open up.

1 Like

This would probably work with other (much cheaper) cameras by other manufacturers. Iā€™ll probably be migrating to something like that after experiencing all of these issues with Eufy. But with the Eufy outdoor cameras, there is no option to record 24/7. They are battery powered and even if you supplied power, there is no option to record continuously. They only record for 20 seconds after detecting motion. And without their cloud servers working, you donā€™t get notifications and basically nothing else works.

I opened a thread regarding this, but it seems like you might know the answer. In light of these app server (probably auth server issues?), I wanted to stream via RTSP to VLC. I didnā€™t explicitly enable RTSP on my eufyCam 2K Indoor camera, however, I saw that port 554 was open anyway. My goal is to continue recording to the SD card on the camera, and also still stream via RTSP. First, is that possible, and second, how would I go about doing that?

Edit: I learned that I could enable both simultaneously. Sorry for hijacking the thread! But this should address the wishlist request at least as a temporary solution for those with cameras that are plugged in and donā€™t use a battery.