Major Flaw - Delete Homebase data via camera

Hi all, does anyone know if there has there been any progress from eufy on releasing a fix for this issue yet? Looking to order a doorbell but unsure whether its worth it yet or not until a fix has been rolled out… cheers :slight_smile:

I hope so.

I bought two for almost 300! Bucks the day before yesterday.

This really psss me off.

1 Like

I tried holding the sync button on my Eufycam 2C Pro cameras which I bought on 22nd June, until they beeped once and then beeped twice.

As anticipated, both cameras and all their recordings disappeared from the events log.

Reinstating the cameras under add new device does reinstate the footage but without the camera there is no record of the theft.

I contacted Eufy support asking whether the fix would be resolved in the next 27 days and they said no.

I asked them to give me free cloud storage until the issue is resolved and although they thought it was a good idea and that they may implement it in the future, they declined to do so.

I will be returning the cameras and the doorbell under the Amazon 30 day returns policy.

Shame because I like the product and the app which seems to work quite well but until this major bug is fixed, it’s not fit for purpose in my view.

3 Likes

It looks like they don’t give a rats *ss about buyers after they had spend their moneny. Insane.

3 Likes

Time for another bump on this thread so Eufy does not conveniently forget about it.
Like so many of their promises and claims I don’t believe they will ever fix it for existing hardware but hope I am wrong.

4 Likes

I too am getting pretty tired of no action from Eufy. On May 5th, Angela, some kind of manager, told me they would have a fix in 2-3 months. It’s getting to the outside of that time frame now and haven’t heard a word.

I am certain that no one who has any pull at Eufy monitors this board so the only way to get noticed is send an email to support referencing ticket #90819924 and asking when this will be fixed. If enough people do this, maybe they will give it a higher priority.

I haven’t bought any of the new hardware, but if I was a betting man, I’d bet that the new stuff has the same flaws.

3 Likes

I purchased the 2C Pro set. To find this out was a major flaw was very disappointing, Amazon accepted my return even outside of the standard return policy. They said they would investigate and take up with Eufy. Such a shame!

3 Likes

Still nothing! :frowning:

1 Like

Pretty good going. Since the issue was reported in March, there still is no fix.

Yet how many new Eufy devices have been released since March?

At this rate we should have iftt support and homebase compatibility for indoor cams before a fix for this issue. A complete shambles.

I think a boycott of products is the only way Eufy will listen. This and awareness of the issue (through feedback) on sales platforms such as Amazon.

Anyone want to start trending #eufyflaw?

4 Likes

Might be time to do a review on Amazon. I’ve been holding on for a fix but as it hasn’t happened, I can give my opinion.

1 Like

@Raj_Parmar I agree. Personally, I haven’t purchased a Eufy battery camera since my original complaints. I also left feedback on the App Store and Best Buy. Unfortunately, a few remarks here and there will not make the impact they deserve. There are several things I like about Eufy products…but also several areas needed for improvement. Like most companies of their size, it’ll be on their time table. :man_facepalming:t2:

3 Likes

Their table at our cost, and every other pottetial customer a that’s blind to the issue.

In my view the effort invested by Eufy in slinging more and more new products (with potentially unknown flaws) is disproportionate to the effort they put into addressing known issues.

Sitting numb and conforming, doesn’t help focus their attention on where resource needs to be focused.

Anyone interested in the new battery powered Nest and Outdoor Camera?

I went in a tested the Sync issue again today to see if anything has changed before contacting support asking for a status report.

1. The records still get deleted after holding down the Sync button for 10 seconds. The camera is also removed from the app same as before. The fix Eufy had applied a while back to display the records by serial number if the record key gets deleted has been rolled back. Not sure why, but that did solve part of the issue while it was working.

2. One thing I found different is if you add the camera back to the app, the past event records for that camera are viewable, even if you change the name of the device. This fix will keep someone who Syncs the camera accidentally, or as part of troubleshooting, from losing their event history.

So, it looks like they changed something, but ignored the primary issue. If a thief runs off with your camera after Syncing it, you won’t have the camera to add back, so your records are still gone. At least the serial number fix partially addressed the primary problem.

We are now 6 months from the initial report of this problem with essentially no progress on a fix. I’ll ask the support manager what they are doing and post a reply.

6 Likes

@preset I admire your perseverance with this issue as well as the pragmatic approach and I’m genuinely interested in the outcome, but do we really think that Eufy will ever address this issue? Honestly?? It seems to me that 6 months is more than enough time to have measures in place to deal with the problem, however, their focus continues to be on new products.

From a business point of view, if they’re looking at short term gains, even if it means cutting a few corners then you have to say they’re probably getting it right. Frustrating for the customer, but loads of businesses focus heavily on new customers / products at the expense of looking after existing ones.

5 Likes

@rhy33 I think that Eufy, like many other companies, suffers from lack of vision. If all they are interested in is pumping out new products with minimal improvements over their existing products, they will eventually get pushed from the market by someone else who does it cheaper, better, or both. They do just the minimum of testing and those who do it, don’t really understand how their customers are using their products.

If their developers cannot fix the Sync flaws in 6 months, they need new developers, or the flaw needs a higher priority, or both. They had a good start with the serial number fix and it could have been improved upon further. You can’t convince me that they couldn’t change the code behind the Sync button to fix the rest of the problem.

I started out trying to help them quantify the problem so they could fix it, but after a while with no communication from them I am about to give up. I’ll take one more shot at trying to get an update and then start looking for other gear. Also, think a few more reviews on Amazon and Best Buy describing the issue might make future customers reconsider buying Eufy’s products.

8 Likes

Bought several products in eufys line last week. I will be returning them all and informing a couple of friends of this flaw and urging them to also return. I cant remember coming across such a ridiculous flaw, ever. A security camera that can be deleted by a theif. Just, crazy.

7 Likes

I have an update on this issue for those that have been following it. It’s not good. I decided before contacting them again that I needed a little more ammunition to force them to deal with this issue.
I ordered a new C24 outdoor camera to see if the same faults exist that we found in the older gear. Unfortunately, the new gear has the same issues as the old. They haven’t even fixed the issue in the new gear. 10 seconds holding down the sync button will erase the camera from the system and all events associated with it. Since the clips are on the SD card, a thief walking off with the camera will lose every indication that it was there.

Another really stupid problem unique to their new Solo cams is there is no way to mount it using the screw on mounts. You are stuck with the worthless magnetic mount for an outdoor camera. A thief could just wack it with a stick and knock it off. A magnetic mount might be ok for indoor cams, but for something you want to monitor your property securely, its a joke.

Looks like they haven’t done anything to fix the problem that’s been known since the start of the year. I am sending the new piece of junk back to Amazon and will write an appropriate review. I will also contact support and see what excuse they have for not fixing this very fundamental problem with their Security equipment.

6 Likes

A squirrel pushed my cam (c24) down this morning. … such a stupid choice. And the wire from the camera gets in the way of mounting it where you want it.

Like I have said before… they clearly don’t use the gear they designed in real life and in real world environments. I’m sure it’s just a job.

4 Likes

At least the older devices gave you a choice of a 1\4 20 screw or the magnetic mount. How much would a 1/4 20 insert have cost them when this is supposed to be an outside camera?

The first and only time I used a magnetic mount outside a woodpecker landed on top of my Cam E and the camera dropped 12 ft to the ground. Wont be happening again.

My mag mounts went right in the trash right out of the box. They were only held up by one screw on a hanger… nope. I am using the magnet right now… on a rusted metal fence. Keeps it from blowing off.