No sound out of Homebase 2 when ringing video doorbell

Yep, I’m on new homebase2 with battery doorbell.
The sound on home base chime doesn’t work if connected to wifi but seems to work with Ethernet…!
Fix please eufy

Running 2.1.3.3h
Also, have set home base as the chime in doorbell settings.

If I change home base volume I still don’t hear anything when it says it should play the volume.
Light is blue, all other features work.

Try moving the homebase around when its on wifi. You probably don’t have enough signal. If it works on Ethernet then the homebase is probably fine.

One other thing to try is change channels on your wifi.

Looks like it won’t work with wireless. It has to have it connected to the router via ethernet. Sucks but will do for now. Will try it in a couple of months to see if it is fixed.

I got the same problem but i solve it. at least it works on mine
I just enter the app go the the cogs wheel of the home base scroll down and reboot the home base.
After it reboot i went to the app go to the eufy doorbel choose the cogs wheel search for the door bell receiver choose homebase as door bel and test it . your mobile and the homebase both should ring ( maybe with a small delay)

I unplugged the ethernet cable and it started worked

Hi:

I just got the Eufy cam for 1 month. Been doing well. But after I removed the Cam 2C pro from my homebase2, I can’t pair it back anymore. It worked before.

I think it has to do with my homebase2 all of sudden have no sound at all. Must be the latest update version 2.1.8.5h on 2012-11-22 that is causing the issue.

I done all the troubleshooting. Reset the homebase2 like 5 times. Reset the camera 10 times. Nothing can fix it.

Can revert back the firmware update? Please help.

I wish there is a way to prevent automatic update.

Thanks,

The strange thing is any camera already paired continue to work. Also you can still pair the door sensor and it works but no sound as well. You just cannot pair the camera again after removing them from homebase.

I thought it was difficult to get Eufy support. But that was not the case. Their customer service people were very friendly and from the amount of time they spent troubleshooting with me I could feel that they were very interested to resolve my issue.

Yup, the reason I could not pair the cameras to the homebase 2 was because my homebase 2 was defective and produced no sound. The cameras and homebase 2 use sound wave to pair.

They sent me a new homebase 2 right away and I sent back the old homebase 2 to them.

It has been working great so far. It looks like it has nothing to do with the Homebase2 system version upgrade to version 2.1.8.5h. My new homebase2 upgraded itself to that version eventually and it is still working fine.

I dont have a bell but my home base allarm just doesn’t make a sound

Maybe you have the same problem rebooting the homebase solves it for an undetermined amound of days

So yea i recommend a weekly reboot? Or maybe dayly?