Outdoor Siren Please!

Why don’t they set up a simple routine so when the alarm goes off all devices make an alarm sound. Most people here have multiple devices but when one device triggers the alarm only that device and the homebase alarm sound. Why not trigger an alarm on all devices with sound like the outdoor and indoor cameras, the doorbell etc. Then maybe other devices with the app like phone’s and tablets etc.
They have routines to make one device activate another so why not this?

2 Likes

I just spoke with another rep from Eufy today. Latest is that they are not making one and don’t have plans to make one. I asked him to pass the message up the chain that we need one but I wouldn’t hold my breath. Best I can tell people is to either return their kit, sell it, or spam their customer service lines and hope that, that changes things.

2 Likes

I have given up on a waiting for an outdoor siren because the one that comes with the system is totally useless and Eufy total ingnorance believing that what they supplied is sufficient, I paid a lot of money for my system and had I known before hand about level of alarm sound would have bought a different manufacturers system. Eufy are the worst company I have dealt with and Eufy support are useless and cannot fix any problems reported to them.

2 Likes

I agree and the siren is also disappointingly quite. Reminds me of a phone alarm rather than something requiring investigation by neighbours etc… needs to be much louder and higher pitched and external to house.

2 Likes

I’m probably not tech savvy enough to figure this out but I’m going to give it a try. Thanks for sharing!

@eufy, listen to your customers please!

1 Like

I wish the same. The sirens that came from the homebase is not strong enough and once the burglar entered your home, they know straightaway where the sound come from and unplug the homebase from the powersource will deactivate everything including the wifi camera. So it’s useless and defeat the purpose of security. Please make outside sirens like the normal house alarm

3 Likes

It’s there go to security then automation

1 Like

I’m leaving this message just to add to the obvious need for an outdoor siren. It can’t be that complicated. I haven’t bought the Eufy alarm system but have some of the other items and a homebase. I will only buy it if they do an outdoor siren. Otherwise the alarm is useless.

2 Likes

Netatmo, Somfy, … they all have an external siren. Please eufy, make it possible to upgrade your system with this.

1 Like

I’m not tech savvy enough
But maybe if a few users started to trash eufy about the lack ou external siren, on u tube or social media, eufy would listen p

2 Likes

@eufy … Come on Eufy !!! … LISTEN TO YOUR CUSTOMERS FOR ONCE … Bring this out … Literally everyone has an external siren but you !!!

2 Likes

Totally agree this is needed otherwise I will switch to.

1 Like

This is just bad.

I bought the alarm and an external light / siren and figured they would integrate. Wrong.

I like the system. The lack of integration within their product range is dumb. Internal cameras don’t integrate with HomeBase / security. External floodlight / site … no integration.

I have the HomeBase 2 hidden away so it can’t be quickly located and stolen. That means siren is useless on the base.

I will see what alarms are like with external camera added.

If not enough then I am going to get a Raspberry Pi to sit and listen for alarm sound and trigger an external siren of some sort. This should just be an off-the-shelf add-on. Seems like a simple way to make money!

Dale
NZ

2 Likes

I have a number of Eufy outdoor cameras and am looking to replace my home alarm system. The obvious route I thought would be to add Eufy internal sensors and home alarm.
However, I was astonished to find such a fundamental component as an outdoor siren missing from the options.
As a result I have now ruled out Eufy and will be buying Simplisafe.
How many customers does Eufy have to lose before they wake up to the fact they need to satisfy customer needs if they want to grow - or even survive?

2 Likes

I think the worst part of all of this is that @eufy hasn’t responded to this in over a year.

Can I encourage everyone to copy and paste this thread link on to every security forum/site/message board, and social media, just to make sure others don’t waste their time or money having to go through what we’ve had to here.

Eufy, the fact that you haven’t even had the courtesy to respond to these requests of your customers is absolutely despicable. Ignoring everyone is just making matters much worse and you’re turning your customers into campaigners against your brand and products.

If you’re not releasing an alarm let people know (I would also suggest you tell them why) so they can properly secure their homes. Leaving people in limbo not only frustrates them but puts their homes at risk.

Utterly appalled

2 Likes

@eufy_official … Just let us know either way … STOP IGNORING YOUR CUSTOMERS !!!

3 Likes

I use the Alexa app (linked to my Eufy system). Create a routine with the Eufy camera as the trigger. When a camera detects motion it changes one of my Philips Hue bulbs to a certain colour and sounds a siren on an old echo device (set to v.loud!), could easily use a Bluetooth speaker outside. Can even set different bulb colours for different cameras, and use the time setting to only enable it at night.

1 Like

Yes extra (loud) sirene with flashlight (!) indoor and/or outdoor use should be an option to make this system even better

3 Likes

This home alarm system is a joke… no external sirene… useless piece of rubbish… I’m going to switch to conventional alarm system… useless developer… useless system

3 Likes

Seeing how the thread changed from “we will add a siren” to “nah we changed our mind” Anker should add a W to the start of their name.

And then remove it once they make the Siren.

4 Likes