Outdoor Siren Please!

100% agree - such a basic component of a security system is to actually alert others and Eufy are asleep. I’m looking at another system now. Done waiting.

6 Likes

Now seeing this thread, i regret investing in eufy for my home security. @Eufy, can you please be clear on this? Will there be a better siren? Time frame? Or should we just move to another brand…
What makes it that hard to develop such a siren! I mean just change the speaker inside the homebase at the very least

13 Likes

A louder homebase speaker is not the solution. You want to keep homebase totally silent and hidden away from the attention of an intruder, it keeps the evidence footage, you never want that to be found/destroyed/taken away.

Solution is simple, a wireless external siren that is deafeningly loud. This is not rocket science, every half decent alarm company had them for at least 20 years.

10 Likes

Seriously, what’s the point of a security system without an audible alarm?

9 Likes

Greetings
I am new and have recently installed the Kit and a EufyCam2C camera, everything is nice if it were not for the alarm volume which is too low.
Is there any way to boost?
Connect a siren from another brand ??

Thanks

4 Likes

I Agree, this for sure needs to be developed. A much louder indoor module or additional product.
I also have not yet managed to also make my camara’s sound their sirine when the home base is triggered.
that could also amplify an alarm.

4 Likes

Found this thread while looking for a “siren” product from Eufy… I will sell the one Eufy product i bought and move to another brand. I cant believe they dont have a siren… “Alarm system”, what a joke.

4 Likes

I don’t understand why they don’t allow the Floodlight sirens to be triggered and used as outdoor sirens…makes perfect sense…one less device for many of us to purchase too…this and RTSP feed from floodlights would make them the perfect floodlight/security device

5 Likes

As this doesn’t seems to happen soon, i was wondering i adding a netatmo, or similar homekit compatible siren, would make the trick.

I’ve integrated eufy security system with homekit, so, maybe we can create the automation to trigger an external siren when the eufy system goes off.

5 Likes

Hi,
i think we can use Alexa’s trigger and so we can pilote an outdoor alarm with a sonoff.
I’m studying how to do it.

2 Likes

My tip: Move to Ring and forget about Eufy

3 Likes

What did you end up going with? I’m still cranky after all the feedback they have not bothered.

3 Likes

I did end up by selling the Eufy system simply because there is no external outdoor siren available and it will obviously not be in the future.
Regards John

2 Likes

It’s there a released date for this? Much needed.

4 Likes

Any update on timeline? Stupidly bought it without realising they downgraded the alarm on v2. Doesn’t even scare my cat! If anything it would lead burglars straight to the cctv footage! Why would they do that? Waste of money. Not to mention the battery back up is only available in the US and costs nearly the same as a UPS which you could power the basestation and router on?! Sort it out Eufy…

5 Likes

Eufy. Just fix this. It’s no argumentation or discussion. We have all invested in an alarm system that lacks the basic functionality of being considering an alarm SYSTEM. If you cannot provide any Eufy products in the near future, please integrate Eufy with other systems so we the users can add this protection as soon as possible! Please let me know once it’s done! I expect it to be completed in a few weeks - otherwise MOTIVATE your time plan!

4 Likes

We all know the Eufy siren is a JOKE - and useless.

You can get either frustrated with Eufy about what features are missing - or fix the problem yourself.

I have distilled a small part what I have designed and built into 3 simple steps in this post…

3 Simple Steps to make a LOUD external Eufy sensor triggered siren!

3 Likes

Bumping this thread. Would be nice if we could somehow make this work. How hard can it be?

2 Likes

Totally agree with all points in this thread. I love the Eufy system and have the whole house protected inside and out, but I’ve had to move the homebase onto my bedside table as that is the only way it would wake me in the event of a break in. Camera alarms aren’t loud enough either. Some form of loud siren would definately enhance the whole system. Come on @eufy

2 Likes

How long will it take them to wake up a security system has to deter intruders. A 120dB siren is ideal. Another thing I realised is no firmware updates since 2021.

I messaged them this was their vague reply.

“ Thanks for reaching out.
I understand there is still a lot of things we can do to improve our products. And rest assured that we at Eufy always give an ear to our customers’ voices. Please know that whether to add these functions needs to be evaluated in many ways. But rest assured that I will forward all your suggestions to our product team. Please keep an eye on us.

Wish you all the best.
Winnie
Customer Support Engineer”

2 Likes