Security Made Simple: How do I choose the right storage option for my security?

The Homebase will have a built-in 16G micro SD card storage.
What is your homebase model? The first-generation Homebase has a card slot behind the device, and the second-generation Homebase’s SD card has been built into the device.

Eufy security team

I agree… awesome products wish there were more connectivity between them for a more complete thought.

1 Like

Can this sd card be upgraded? I have several cameras. Be nice not to have multiple home bases all over to support them. 16gb is very small these days

What model is your Homebase? The first generation can be replaced with a SD card of up to 128G. The second generation does not support expansion temporarily.

@Yanyee1 We have been waiting a long time for eufy to update HomeBase2 to allow expansion of storage on the built in USB! It has almost been a year and still broken promises.

4 Likes

Like I said strategy is simply for profit. I’m sure we will be able to simply take the code of the said device drive and share it off wink wink.

1 Like

Synology NAS systems are excellent.

1 Like

@Rabman416 Thats great! But this has nothing to do with NAS its based on Homebase 2 USB expansion port that we were all told by eufy that it was coming soon but its been a long, long time.

2 Likes

Understand, but what I think he’s saying is that it’s a workaround for now.

1 Like

I have (2) second gen homebases and (3) 1st gen. Doorbells only talk to secon gen. I’m running 128gb on my 1st gen basses but limited to 16 on the 2nd gen(s). I have yet to try to set up NAS. That will help my storage issue.

I really wish I could cross trigger between homebases.
Awesome and powerful feature but limited to devices that share a homebase instead of devices on the same account.
On a large property it’s nice to have one device trigger another so you don’t miss action waiting for the camera to wake.

1 Like

Make the indoor cameras linkable to the home base 2. It seems very poorly thought out to have cameras that are not part of the ecosystem. If I want all my cameras outside to come on when motion is detected I can do that. But I can’t have my indoor cameras do the same. This is a huge oversight.

5 Likes

Agreed. I took that from what was stated as well. Since I have two of the new 2K indoor PTZ cams, I can attest that these indeed have only 3 storage solutions:

° removable 4GB to 128GB UHS-1 microSDXC card THAT fits into a tiny slot lofatedl located within camera body on the underside of solid black spherical PTZ camera lens + IR module;
° RTSP protocol for streaming video over home network
° NAS (Network Attached Storage), a hardware HDD/SSD based storage appliance connected to home network and can be used to read, write data from authenticated network connected devices whether at home or remotely…think of this as your own miniature CLOUD! The cloud is in your control…not some vendor like Dropbox, etc. I highly recommend using SYNOLOGY NAS appliances! These are fantastic, reliable, the industry standard and relatively straightforward to secure & protect from outside intrusion.

Best of luck and HaPpy HOliDaYs :christmas_tree::bell::menorah::maple_leaf:

AnkerSuport,

Thank you for the information. Can you elaborate on it? How can I store/record when it is directly connected to the Router/Ethernet?

I have an Eufy Doorbell, which I was able to connect with the Eufy Homebase that came in my Eufy Security System, but I can’t connect the 2K Pan&Tilt Indoor camera. I understood it would be possible in June/July 2020, correct?

Thanks in advance for the support.

Carlos

Hi Carlos, the pan&tilt was never able to connect to the homebase. Based on recent developments it seems that it also won’t in the near future.

As for your WiFi question, best way to get support is to write to support@eufylife.com as these forums are mainly there for users to connect.

Article is pretty useless for those who bought a eufy floodlight, after more than 12 months still no option for homebase, can’t change SD card and unable to save to a NAS. The floodlight should not be part of the eufy ecosystem.

Yes - I just noticed as setting up my system - so where does the SD card go? If no SD card - what other storgae options apart from cloud and NAS ?
thanks
greg

You guys should differentiate yourselves in the wire free market by offering ftp storage. Your average consumer will probably still buy cloud but you will gain the business of the more technical users out there.

I’m confused as to where all my clips are saved. Sd card agree, useless for security. Be the first thing I take or smash if I was a theif, they’re not exactly hidden cameras.

I just bought an indoor rotating cam (disappointed it was not clear on packaging it was wired requiring power}, we have 365 day wireless indoor outdoor cams x3, wireless outdoor flood light and mistakenly purchased spotlight cam (required mains wiring - not wireless) and indoor rotating cam…

Indoor rotating required Sd even though connected to the wufi. The other cameras don’t have Sd cards so where does it get saved.
I don’t so $ month cloud because it’s ridiculously expensive… So where do my videos go?