Security Made Simple: Is cloud storage right for you?

:v::+1::star_struck: Agree Yankee don’t be like the others don’t get too greedy to make all the money and eat everything. Think differently. Think like old apple

How do I access my storage in the cloud. I subscribed today but haven’t been able to access it

I have cloud storage from google and amazon but Eufy lock it to their cloud service only, I will not be held hostage in this way, looking for other equipment without Vendor Lock!

Until when?

The one killer doorbell feature you provide is local storage. All the other features are lacking in comparison to your competitors. Local storage was enough for me to get a smart doorbell. Cloud storage will eventually get hacked. Don’t change it.

1 Like

Will the Cloud Storage option be a workaround for the critical security issue discussed in the following link:

If that is the case, then I will be subscribing to the service.

I am not interested in storing my personal life on the cloud. If I wanted that option I would have went elsewhere. The whole purpose of choosing Eufy is because it had local storage… From the description above… the video is only available for 14 days in the cloud. Please do not switch up. Also I would be extremely interested in the floodlight cam if it could be used with the Eufy solar panel to power it instead of how it is set up now…I don’t understand why that wasn’t an option? Thank you we are quite happy with our Eufy products…. But please do not change.

4 Likes

But NAS storage is not available for the doorbell camera. Why not?

1 Like

Use the Eufy Homebase

The reason I switched to Eufy was because of HomeKit cloud encryption. Allowing me to stream securely and no extra cost as I already have the premium subscription for news, music and storage. Don’t understand why some cameras are HomeKit compatible and two others I have aren’t?

This article seems to miss the point that Eufy itself positions its products as being complete without requiring a subscription and that MANY people choose Eufy for that reason.

If you want to demonstrate the benefits of cloud storage, you need to explain how it is incrementally more valuable as a complementary offering, and this article fails to do that entirely.

My potential interest in the cloud offering is that it would make an instant and automated copy of recordings off site. No attacker could simply erase the evidence by compromising local devices.

Saying meaningless things like “access any time from anywhere” is what you get when you have a marketing department who doesn’t understand your own products.