Temporarily App Down Resolved - Update in 16:15 EST. Jun. 15

This is now ridiculous and, quite frankly, being handed appallingly by Eyfy/Anker. I am still having problems since Saturday. I have sent several messages to Support but have not had any replies addressing my issues. This morning, there were NO recording available on any of my cameras. However, now I can see that there are recordings up to Saturday the 13th (but I cannot access any of them). Then NOTHING until later this morning. So, it looks like whatever happened on Saturday and last night has essentially deleted all recordings between Saturday and this morning. Absolute utter shambles.

1 Like

Appears to be down again? All devices back offline as of 7:20 AM CST

Ohhhh, that makes sense. I was under the false impression that you had the same camera as mine, which has a USB plug (EufyCam 2K). Fair point!

I mean, if youā€™re talking about the 2K cameras, thereā€™s central hub to manage a portal for means of authentication, and the cameras are way too underpowered to handle a web server on each individual camera. Your only alternative for access locally would be HomeKit or RTSP streaming with an app like VLC (but as another user mentioned, if you have the battery powered cameras, it will drain significantly faster).

1 Like

No issues for me @Swartz_Home I have not had issues since yesterday thanks Eufy for fixing this!

1 Like

Same, I can view live footage but no recording since 13th

Not working at all for around a week and a half. Keep getting ā€œcannot connect to video doorbellā€

I have turned my phone off, restarted the device, removed and then added the device and deleted the app and nothing works. I canā€™t play videos or see anything. Spent around $300 for the doorbell and starting to regret it.

And still not a word from Support, despite chasing them up. I am still having the same issues this morning. Live stream and notifications are all working okay. I can access a few recent recordings but nothing older than those will play on the app but they are showing up on the timeline.

Ha!! Typicalā€¦ just received an email to say they will rebuild the data structure of my Homebase so the app can access the recordingsā€¦ letā€™s see if that works.

and how are they suppose to do this with your videos being encrypted (i guess)??

Hi all,

I have not long bought into the Eufy cameras, I have Eufy 2 and Spotlight. I do like them, love everything about them - BUT now worried over the long term service from Eufy/Anker.

I strongly believe as an electronics firm they are brilliantā€¦but as a company requiring a server to ensure their system is working, then they should be looking for a big player like Amazon or Google, or possibly Apple to invest in them.

Anybody else noticing that they can get into the app but events and recordings are not registering? I just had a eufycam 2 camera correctly set off a motion alert but no recording and my floodlight also had no recording. Also there was no geofencing notification when I left home just now. No events or recordings since 7am even after a home base restart and network check

Correction, the event/recording now showed upā€¦10 minutes later

No idea, Iā€™m afraid. They asked for the serial number of my Homebase. And I havenā€™t heard anything since. I am still having the same issues so I guess they havenā€™t fixed it yet.

1 Like

Nothing working in the app and everything I am trying to do in the app gives ā€˜error 23ā€™
Any ideas?

Sent my folks an Indoor Pan & Tilt 2K, and theyā€™re seeing the ā€œCamera is offlineā€ message after an apparently successful setup.

Is this backend server issue possibly the reason for that? My standard Indoor 2K is fine, but I received it earlier and set it up more than two weeks ago.

Needless to say, theyā€™re disappointed and frustrated. This was their first ā€œsmartā€ camera experience.

Soā€¦ after lots of to-ing and fro-ing with support, I decided to try a new SD card and see if that workedā€¦ it did. Now am able to see all recording that were made from the date/time the new card was inserted. So whatever happened with the server issue, it messed up the connection between the homebase and the app somehow. They rebuilt my homebase but it still didnā€™t fix the issue. A new card did.

Well said I feel the same way and will be moving to a different system as well.

2 Likes

I agree, only reason why I chose eufy was the promise that it was not dependent on cloud. This is false advertising and more of us need to complain. Why should we put up with this blatant false sense of security? No 2fa, no nas/rtsp and now when their serverā€™s go down all of our security goes down? What if you have smart locks on your front door and the server goes down which automatically unlocks your door as an emergency access.

Local means just you and your device (no cloud at all and no middle men) itā€™s not hard to program the app to connect with the base station via router.

1 Like