【Update】Unlock the power of eufy - Make Your Battery Doorbell Last Longer

I felt that I was tricked.
False information :rage::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

2 Likes

Exactly!!!

1 Like

How can I get my doorbell camera to use the electrical power to charge the battery. It use to show a plug in the power area of my device window. What happened to that icon?

1 Like

Same here , even the cars run in 10 meter it detects as moving object, gives the notification while pedestrians are walking, draining the battery within a Month, if this is the case . It will be annoying. I tried to set the sensitivity to low still.

Mine bought 2022, fully charged battery died within a month… too Much notifications

1 Like

Mine lasted for a month at least, but not as it said up to 6 month. Mine battery died within a Month, I am giving it a life again, if it dies again and again within month, I have to do A Funeral.

1 Like

I presume M meant he doesn’t use motion alerts, and only captures video when someone rings the doorbell. I.e., optimal battery mode.

I barely get 2 days. Certainly not 1 month, or 6

1 Like

Yeah, but forced to use cloud. I’d rather put up with MVP (minimum viable product) and the bugs that come with it as long as the company is solid in innovation and prioritization which so far they have been.

Don’t get me wrong, this battery drain issue should be top priority. How can one go away for a month? It’s just to discount all their other efforts is unjust. There’s so few companies left that haven’t given into;1984. What happened to the days when cops needed a judge signature to wire tap?

Our private property should ne exactly that as long as we a law abiding. I will not pit a single Amazon, google or Facebook product in my house purely due to collection and distribution of private data. Eufy ha stuck to their core principle and I admire them as much as Satoshi Makamoto, the cypher punks, the origins WhatsApp devs that built signal and walked away from billions of unvested stock out of principle. We are fortunate as it’s the last chance we have on clear net.

21 days used. 14% battery life remaining.
I’m going to switch to the 30 second clips so I get fewer alerts, which should help and also make my notifications less annoying re: repeat notifications for the same person. But as it stands already: I rarely get false alerts (i.e. my activity zone works well enough), I don’t get that many alerts as it is, I have only used the live video once or twice, and my internet signal is at full strength. In other words, there is no good reason why my battery should be this drained this quickly.

This is extremely disappointing, and eufy needs to figure out how to fix this. There are good reasons why we all chose eufy over other options; don’t make people regret their choice!

PS I can’t believe that the hard wire version requires charging! I would be livid if that was me. I have a eufy flood light camera for my driveway and side door, and it doesn’t require charging. I would have never bought it if it did, obviously.

1 Like

Mine from fully charged doesn’t last more than 10 days anymore. Totally frustrating and disappointing.

I have mine over 10days, temperature has been -10C at night and just below 0C during daytime. Wired the doorbells, I have 2, using 20AWG wires and 12V DC 1A power supply. Both were around 70% on arrival, after 10days, it’s 100% with the icon showing power connected.

Using a DC current meter, the current draw while charging up is around 100mA, haven’t taken measurements while the cam and IR are powered on with motion detected, assume the current should be higher.

It seems the battery could charge while below zero, this could be the connected circuitry warmup the lithium batteries.

what is your temperature range? If it is below 0C or above 35C, the Li battery could not hold charge. It is the chemical limitation under such condition. Same as cellphones and digital cams or solar-battery lights, if you leave them in the cold, the device battery indicator would show quicker than normal drains but if you move indoor at 15C+, the indicator would show the battery has more juice!

I’m charging my 1080p Grade battery doorbell right now and it’s 0C ~ 32F outside, via USB adapter, that’s permanently connected to the USB port input of the doorbell and I have the other end of the cable in my home. In other words I don’t bring the doorbell camera inside to charge it when it needs to be recharged.
Right now it’s drawing almost 1 amp while charging

But if it drops to -2C ~ 28.4F the protection circuitry will cut in stopping the battery from taking a charge.
It is possible perhaps that the permanently wired doorbells have a warming circuitry, I know mine does not.

1 Like

The doorbell is designed to handle 18V-24V AC which the circuit has to do AC==>DC and step down to ~4V for 3.7V Li Ion battery, this potential different would generate heat. mine is 12V ==> ~4V very different to 5V to ~4V. Heating circuit would be too much for such small device.
This is only my 2cents

It was fully charged six days ago

My door bell last for 7 days it’s 23% now do I need to get a replacement battery? I was told it would last 6 months was I misled?