【Update】Unlock the power of eufy - Make Your Battery Doorbell Last Longer

I have the same problem. Send it back for repair under warranty.

Sorry for the late reply, this is the one I use………
Doorbell Transformer

Steve

1 Like

I am a bit of a techie kind of guy and have come to realise that with a lot of things it’s down to setup errors. Here in the UK we call it fat fingers.
But I’d like to show this info of my door bell.
It gets hammered nearly every day, look at the events. Nearly 100 days, over 2200 detections sand used 3/4 or 76% battery life. Now I know that’s not 6 months but it’s colder over here and I have upto 30 seconds video recorded and got a wide detection zone setup.
I would like to congratulate Eufy for an excellent product. Not paid or sponsored just a honest review. Have a great day.

1 Like

Hey we’re all human… I forgot the picture lol
Ok looks like you can’t add pictures DOH !
But my stats are…
24% Battery remaining
98 Used days
2224 total events
521 false events
1703 saved recorded events.
Hope that helps… Mick

1 Like

Lol My battery in my 2K doorbell doesn’t last more than a week, its horrific. I actually am going to pay an electrician to put in a transformer so I can hard wire it.

My battery lasted 2 months but great picture the only real problem i have is there is about a 15 second delay between when there is motion and the alert to it

Try adding it back, this worked for me and now see the plug icon

1 Like

Amazon Alexa works great and notifies you as in human alert or a doorbell chime.

I have my battery hard wired to a 10v 5va and it gets 13v at the doorbell. Does it charge the battery? Nope! Battery was draining at 10% per day.
Tech support had zero support to provide me. What I get from above, is basically use the doorbell as a dumb doorbell rather than a smart video doorbell and reel the rewards of 6 months of battery life!
Such a farce. If not, I was given a defective doorbell as a replacement for a previously defective doorbell and all Eufy offers now, is a 30% discount to purchase another useless product of theirs rather than providing me proper tech support to figure out why my battery is draining at such an alarming rate with very few detections and why the battery will not charge with 13v when they recommend 8-24v for the battery doorbell, or provide me with a product that is not defective!

The Activity Zones just don’t work. Always picking up motion outside of the zones. Fix that / make it work as it should and would not need to recharge the battery as often.

5 Likes

Mine have to be charged every 10 days, completely misleading information

Battery lasts 2 weeks may be 3 weeks have a wire camera also but don’t have a hook up for it never buy a battery one again

I have the same issue. Camera is attached to transformer for constant electrical connection. App shows camera as plugged in and still it shuts down and gives message that battery is drained. I lose the camera every week and need to disconnect from power to charge using USB. Ready to buy something reliable.

We totally love ours better system than the other company we had. Everything works fine on ours.

Thinking this is old because I have that option… Hope all is going well. As for my experience. I have charged this battery 3 times already in not even a month. I am currently waiting for a replacement. Defective battery seems to be the claim BUT everyone seems to complain about the drain even with features off… Disappointing.

1 Like

You need a transformer that can provide more current. Eufy recommends 16-24VAC, 30VA at a minimum.

Eufy recommends 16-24VAC, 30VA at a minimum.

Do eufy do a plug in transformer for a battery door bell ?

I haven’t seen that on their website on their list of accessories that you can purchase.

I agree with the statement as my doorbell batter drains really quickly as well no matter whatever settings I tweak. I do trust it is because the bell is detecting motions outside of the activity zone. Please find the root cause and publish the fix to overcome the battery issue.

Many thanks

2 Likes