Why is Eufy not addressing the downed server issue!?

They are good at advertising their products in the app and asking you to refer people but they can’t help you with support

4 Likes

Here it is. The response from Eufy. Straight from their live chat

We are sincerely sorry to say that there’s been an issue with Eufy Security server. Please be assured that our tech team is working very hard on fixing this as soon as possible.

Having more and more users worldwide registering eufy accounts and logging in to the Eufy security app, our Eufy Security server needs upgrades to accommodate the expanding scale. For better user experience in the future and for system maintenance, we are performing a system upgrading but unfortunately encountering a system-wide issue.

Rest assured that your cameras are still working and all the recorded videos will be saved in your local storage. And when the server is back to normal, you can still see all the recorded videos on the Events page.

We genuinely hope you have faith in our engineers and we will try our best to resolve this issue as soon as possible within 24 hours.

6 Likes

Thanks so much for posting your response from the chat!

If Eufy would have Just put out a notification as soon as it happened they would not have to deal with us all trying to reach them now.
And honestly, even tho I’m concerned about the system going down, the thing that pisses me off and makes me angry at the company is that they couldn’t be bothered to inform their customers of the issue or keep us updated on what’s going on.

6 Likes

At least I know now it is not just me! I have restarted my phone, my router etc - tried to search Eufy for help so in one way am pleased it is their server. I couldn’t work out why I couldn’t delete the events and I do agree, a notification or an email would have helped.

2 Likes

Here’s an idea Eufy…send out an email the day before you are planning to upgrade your servers. cos every time you do it you screw it up.

3 Likes

Lol. Glad I returned my cams. No notice about a pending upgrade. What kind of company doesn’t notify it’s users?

I think it’s all bs and something else is going on. If an upgrade breaks servers, not once but twice, there’s a problem. A big one.

3 Likes

Im in Australia and having same issues.

2 Likes

its messed up big time. But looks like they are working on fixing it or servers are trying to failover. Its intermittent now. one minute works, the other - broken again. How long was last outage ?

1 Like

OK, good news, I’m in Florida and my Eufy doorbell & 2K cam are back online as of 11 PM EDT

3 Likes

I just checked mine here in California and I’m now able to view my events.
It still says I’m unable to connect to the server, but at least I can see the events again!
So I guess the’re finally making some progress.

1 Like

I’m up a running again thank goodness it’s working again for now

2 Likes

I just hope Eufy sees all of our concerns about not being notified or kept informed about any of this and how upset it makes us to be in the dark All day!
I hope they see this from us and learn from it and do better! And if we are unlucky enough to have it happen again, I hope they’ve learned and will send out a notice!

1 Like

Temporarily App Down for Maintenance

Some of our Eufy Security customers are experiencing problems accessing their Eufy Security app and video events.

We’re aware of this issue and are working on it urgently.

Eufy Security system is still recording and still working in the background. Once this server issue has been fixed, you will be able to see all the video recorded while access to events has been down.

We know this is frustrating, but please know our teams are working hard to get everything back up and running, and we will update you in the next couple of hours with the latest information.

– Eufy Security Team

1 Like

:expressionless: … sure maintenance. No notification on social media pages, this page, or home page. Either a single individual is running this company or not sure how can this even be possible. Sounds like something else happened and people were keeping quite to minimize risk. That was super shady.

1 Like

Is our footage not stored in our home base? That’s a serious problem… Footage not stored on home base?

3 Likes

Yeah, I think the main issue I’m having right now is that Eufy never sent out a notification to its users.
I’m glad we, as a community were able to ban together and get some answers, but why did it take all day for Eufy to release a statement about it? And even then, they have still not apologize for keeping us in the dark all day!
They should have immediately sent out an email because even though the server was down, we would not have felt left in the dark. As it is, Eufys actions seem shady by not sending out a mass notification.
I’m quite sad and disappointed because I actually thought this company was different and i’ve had a good experience these past 3 months we’ve had the system until now.
Communication could have saved all of Eufys customers so much waisted time trying to troubleshoot on our end and searching the internet for answers.
I know this has happened before and it seems they learned nothing from that experience.
I truly hope they learn from it this time around and do better for their community who have invested a lot of money into this company by purchasing their security equipment.

1 Like

Hi Team,

It is possible that Eufy suffered from a Cyber attack and scrambling to fix this. This does not give them an excuse not to communicate to their customers.

Cyber crime is on the rise as of late and these criminals are taking advantage of the down time and holes Covid19 has made appear.

Just a theory but glad they are doing something about it and hope they learn from this experience as the product is a good one.

2 Likes

There should be an internal authentication already built inside of the software of the Homebase. The reliance on an external server is stupid and not at all what Eufy promised with there local storage

3 Likes

How often does this happen? It completely negates the advantage of storing video footages locally if it has to go through server. The only reason I can think of is that Anker wants to collect data from customers.

2 Likes

Mine has been fixed. Thank you

1 Like