Alexa routines not being triggered

I’m having issues with announcements on echo show, I have a doorbell and eufycam 2 pro. When I first setup the announcements were working but it didn’t take long before it started playing up and eventually stopped. I have reset my iPhone, Alexa and the connections of eufy security to alexa app and it started working again, but same day announcements kept sounding even when no one was there. Clearly there are app issues, frustrating.

@Niffty - Have you noticed if you experience the issues more with one device than the other? I’ve got 3 identical cameras placed in different locations, but they’re all working as expected. Don’t have a Eufy doorbell, so I don’t have any personal experience there.

Hey Guys, I am still having the issue of events not triggering. Where are you guys from? Maybe In Europe problem still persists?

I’m in the UK and yes you’re correct, the ‘problem’ still persists as it has for the last 6 months…absolutely no alexa routines triggered by the camera when motion is detected…if fact as far amazon are concerned there have been no motion detected by eury cameras for the last 6 months…6 months!, I for one will not be purchasing any more eufy products until they start taking this ‘problem’ seriously…

It has become ridiculous. I Honestly lost all hope in this company.

1 Like

I live in Canada and the camera motion routines have started working again since December 5, but the call to action to show camera fails about 50% of the time when motion triggers.

My eufy door sensor trigger routines are still not working, just the camera motion routines seem to be “working”. I’m tempted to put a camera in my garage to trigger the motion to turn on the light since the door sensor is not doing it, lol. How sad is that? :rofl:

For all the struggling Clients. Eufy Responded to my Feedback of triggers not working for Europe Users.
I know these responses are not new to all of us. But they keep us faithfull :sweat_smile:

Gentile anthony.torretti,

Thanks for getting back to us.

We sincerely apologize for all the inconvenience and discomfort this has caused you.

Our engineers are taking this situation very seriously and have been working hard to optimize this, please kindly understand that, to ensure users’ experience, they still need to do some maintenance and testing.

After consulting, we gladly inform you that the feature will be restored within two weeks, so please be patient for a while longer.

Many thanks in advance for your kind understanding and patience.

Wish you all the best.

1 Like

We all became very ingenious on trying to overcome all the issues :rofl:

1 Like

Mmm…I don’t want to speak too soon but this morning, out of the blue my two cameras and door bell are all sending notifications to alexa to trigger routines when motion is detected…I can’t tell how amusing it is to hear alexa stating “there’s a gobshite in the garden”…“there’s a ne’er do well at the side door” and “who’s that?” When someone approaches my front door again…it’s been a long time…we’ll see how long it lasts…I’m in the UK by the way…

2 Likes

In the UK also. Mine are now firing!

2 Likes

Uk based….As of this morning my eufy doorbell and 2c cameras have started working again with notifications being forwarded to Alexa almost instantly! Good news at last…. Let’s see if it keeps working!

3 Likes

Same here. UK based, 2c camera with homebase started triggering my Alexa routine. Hopefully it will last.

Yep - all working for me too now. :+1:t2:

Does anyone have door sensor routine triggers? My cameras routines are working, a little slow to trigger sometimes but working regardless. However the door sensors are still not triggering my routine to turn on lights…I got extra door sensors for this reason specifically and a little disappointed atm.

Still not working in Italy.

Not working here. Trying to trigger a routine with unlocking Eufy Smart Touch lock. I tried forgetting device, disabling yhe Eufy Security skill and then reconnecting it. It will not trigger a routine. I don’t see how this was resolved

I am facing the same problem (as a lot of eufy users do). Eufy cannot trigger alexa routines. In my opinion this is not an ingeneering issue but rather a money issue. Amazon has it s own Ring alarm so basically i believe that they block the connection to stay one step ahead of the competition and can keep selling more of their own Ring products. Or maybe amazon asked a huge amount to establish the link between alexa and eufy and eufy is not willing to pay this. I think we all are victims of amazons increasing monopoly!
Cheers

Perhaps it’s only been fixed / switched back on for certain regions? Where are you based? Alexa Routines on all my cams and doorbell have all been working since 5th December I think it was. Still working now with routines triggered immediately.

Any good news yet? US Customer; can’t get my entry sensors or motion detection on my 2C Pro Cam to trigger squat :frowning:

I’m in Italy and two nights ago the routine worked again for a few hours, then stopped again.