Petition for open source API's, a Dev share program, and direct App to hardware communication

Yes please!
We need a API!

1 Like

Yes, please open the API!

1 Like

Not having the ability to integrate with Home Assistant (or other open Home Automation platforms) is one of the reasons why I can’t recommend Eufy to anyone.

Eufy’s iOS app has many shortcomings and it will never replace an integrated home automation solution.

People should make it clear in product reviews what is lacking.

Hopefully in the not too distant future, we’ll get some better product choices via the Thread and Project CHIP.

3 Likes

yes please. this is preventing me from buying more eufy products

1 Like

Signed.

I don’t think I will be buying more eufy products without changes. I definitely won’t recommend it. I may have to cut my loses and replace eufy with something else.

4 Likes

While eufy security has started well by having local recording I also feel that this is so wanted hereon. I’ve several camera systems and I have access to the eufy doorbell and 2k camera via a home assistant custom component. That said ny top choice for easy integration isn’t eufy but a wansview w5 over rtsp. This has easy integration with home assistant and it’s not laggy.

1 Like

Kudos for this petition! I also have been looking for the Netatmo doorbell, but preferred Eufy because of the local storage. The server issues are a real thread for this product and services. Let’s start with local direct app to hardware communication. This should have been a Must Have during development.

1 Like

I’m on board.

I want to be able to use these easily with HomeAutomation.

1 Like

I’m in as well, Started with a pack of 2 cameras. I love them but I will not buy any more eufy product until I can do what I want with them !!

1 Like

This would be awesome, and a real strong position to disrupt the market.

1 Like

Yes please!

1 Like

Although I think they should & it’s been brought up many times over the years (especially as the box says IFTTT support)
I don’t think they will, they brought out a poor attempt at automations that only works with devices connected to 1 homebase & sold out to Apple

1 Like

Agreed, please build on your great products by allowing your target market (techies) to make the solutions even better

1 Like

Yes, please. I need the cameras and doorbells in Home Assistant, please open the api

1 Like

Is there any hope that Eufy will officially work work HUBITAT C5 Evolution Hub regarding automation?

I see lots and lots of requests here for opening up the API for further development and deployment across complex systems using IFTTT and other integrations; but I don’t see a solitary word from Eufy on the issue.

@Eufy do you have your ears on out there in this thread? I sure hope so because this is only becoming more popular over time…not less so!

3 Likes

+1 from me too, rapidly losing patience waiting for this…

2 Likes

Google has opened the door with the introduction of MATTER, come on Eufy pull your finger out and get on with it.

2 Likes

Yes!!! WE must have to !!!

2 Likes

Open succeed!!!

Close succeed!!!

@Eufy king of IOT integration king of listening to their customers.

What we need is a popular YouTuber to talk sh*t about Eufy, then and only then will they listen. Maybe.

3 Likes

I like this… After the issues a couple weeks ago… Please

1 Like