The Magic of Automatic Locking! | Unlock the power of eufy Smart Lock

Do you have the lock in white?

It looks too complicated to install and may require specific distance requirements etc. I wish it is simple as other popular brands.
IMO the product should be more advanced and simple to accommodate, attract to have edge in market.

In fact, the installation is very simple, because most doors in North America are of the above specifications, just to partly avoid special specifications of doors (such as iron) affecting the experience.

1 Like

Currently only black models. :slightly_smiling_face:

I totally agree that the eufy door lock needs wifi. Here’s a scenario which eufy needs to consider much much more: what if i installed a eufy cam2 in the living room (not an indoor cam, due to wall installation being more secure), and i use it to see my elderly mother fall down injured in the living room while i am at work monitoring the sittuation. I would call for emergency services but they would have to break down the front door and be delayed in doing so because the eufy door lock could only open with bluetooth, finger print, or passcode. And i would not be able to communicate the passcode to the emergency agency before they arrive, due to many reasons like being at work, trying to leave work, trying to stay in communication with mother via eufy cam2, in the commotion, the emergency operator does not relay passcode to the fire department or the fd doesnt read all the notes before arriving. More attention is given to babies such as regarding baby cameras but not enough attention is being given to elderly people - yet there are more elderly people i believe in the US than babies. This limitation with the eufy door lock is causing me to look elsewhere for a solution to unlock my from door from my work site in an emergency without having to deal with a delay or major damage to my front door.

1 Like

Thank you for your suggestion. We are currently in the process of evaluating and developing the wifi version of the Smartlock. If there is the latest progress, we will synchronize in time.

1 Like

I had one unit that got hung up because of the gears. I tried locking and unlocking and lock would hang up unlocking even with door open. Sent it back and got a replacement. Everything seems good now. I do like this lock but the ordeal makes me wonder will the issue re-emerge when I don’t have a set of keys to power the lock open. Keeping my fingers crossed. All in all the features of this lock are great. Easy to use and I’m comfortable at this point with no WiFi although it would be silly for Eufy not to add this feature with all there other WiFi access products. I feel like the game plan is this: “the lock hardware is excellent and we don’t have the bridge but we have to get our name out there in the smart lock game” we will put it out at the original price and adjust if it’s not excepted as well as hoped. Then when we Finnish the bridge we can have customers buy the bridge separate and charge more for the kit with the bridge.” Just speculation but price adjustment has happened.

That would only be available on newer units and not something that can be retroactively applied to current models, correct?

I guess true.

Auto locking…it just am an app away. :smile:

You may not want to put wifi in the lock directly. That eats battery like crazy. But a dedicated bridge, or support for low energy home automation protocol would work. Allowing for remote access for both status and control from outside of the house is almost a requirement for this type of application. It isn’t nearly as much use if I can’t do anything with it remotely.

1 Like

Please develop a door system that has WiFi lock and unlock capability. Without this feature it’s simply not device that offers full functionality and that a owner wants and needs.

The wifi lock is currently in the works and hopefully will be out early 2021

For whatever reason. bestbuy has a smart touch lock with wifi listed as for sale but backordered.

Amazon also has one with wifi, but not touch available now.

I don’t really know what is missing from those that the poster needs.

Thats a great use case.

The one on Amazon isn’t the fingerprint version, and the one listed in bestbuy is as I mentioned will be available early next year…they often have products listed but marked as unavailable or backorder until they actually have the product to merchandise into their stock

1 Like

I have wifi version installed. But auto lock is locking when the door is open. I recalibrated two times, but still it does this. Any suggestions how to fix this?

Shine J

2 Likes